APECS AP 3 Star Thumbturn Cylinder
The APECS AP Thumbturn Cylinder is a BSI 3 Star Kitemark, Sold Secure Diamond Standard Cylinder which offers maximum protection. It safeguards from all forced methods of attack ranging from snapping, drilling, plug-extraction, picking and bumping. This cylinder is specifically designed to protect from unauthorised access by burglars. The AP cylinder is engineered with a unique sacrificial point, which when tampered with externally sets an interlocking cam mechanism into action, preventing any further damage to the internal parts of the cylinder, whilst still keeping the lock operable from the inside. In the event of snapping, the home owner can still operate the door and exit the property due to the lock’s unique mechanism which is engaged when the cylinders external section is snapped off. This mechanism slides the clutch into place, preventing further external damage and manipulation of the cam, whilst keeping the lock operable from the inside.
- Double locking mechanism with additional track rail pins
- Patent pending interlocking mechanism and hardened cam protection block prevents from snapping and plug extraction
- Patent pending ball-bearing connection ensures additional operation smoothness and strong fixing between the cylinder core and the cam
- Operable from inside when lock is tampered with externally
- Anti-pick: 4 pins on each side
- Anti-bump: double locking mechanism with track rail pins in combination with a unique shallow chamber
- Anti-drill: 1 pin on each side
- Snap-secure sacrificial point
- Restricted key profile
- 10-year guarantee
- 5-year snap-secure guarantee
- Available in Brushed Brass or Brushed Satin Nickel Finishes
- Available Keyed to Differ or Keyed Alike
- Supplied with 5 keys
- BSI 3 Star Kitemark – KM621947
- Sold Secure Diamond Standard – CLME08161454
- Tested to TS007:2014 A1:2015
- Tested to EN1303:2015 — 160B0C6D
As a standard, locks are provided keyed to differ and this means that each lock will require a different key to open it. We also provide the option of buying cylinders which are keyed alike. With keyed alike cylinders, this means you can have multiple locks where the same key will open all of them. Having keyed alike cylinders is especially useful if you want to have the same key to open your front and back doors at home, or multiple doors within your work place. With keyed alike locks, you no longer need to carry around a whole bunch of different keys. Keyed alike orders will be provided with 5 keys in total regardless of how many cylinders you order. Please allow two extra days for keyed alike orders to be processed.
The safest way to measure the cylinder is to remove your existing cylinder from the door. To get the correct measurements, measure from the end cylinder barrel to the centre of the screw hole on either side. This will give you two different measurements in millimetres, for example 35/35, or 35/40. It is important to check which is the internal and which is the external measurement when purchasing a new cylinder lock.